Corporate responsibility is an Athabasca commitment to conduct business in a manner that is fiscally, environmentally, and socially responsible.
At Athabasca, respect and understanding for the natural processes inherent to our operating areas is a fundamental component to sustainably developing Alberta’s resources. We plan to build and develop our resources with the end in mind; reclaiming the land to its natural capability.
The key principles we’ve identified for minimizing our impact include:
Respect the Environment
- Understand the ecological systems in which we operate and how we can minimize our physical footprint.
- Develop sound environmental policies and procedures that support our business and reflect the values of our stakeholders.
Responsible Water Usage
- Apply the principles of sustainability in our approach to water consumption.
Support Land Reclamation
- Continue our construction practices that support natural regeneration and assist in final reclamation.
- Ensure development and production operations minimize potential environmental risks such as spills and leaks.
- Maintain our commitment to reclaim abandoned wellsites, pipelines and roads in a timely manner.
Manage Air Emissions
- Continue our progressive strategy to advance sustainable technologies.
- Identify engineering opportunities to build low carbon and energy efficient facilities.
- Maintain data management systems that generate reliable, accurate, and verifiable data.