Dover JV (Athabasca 40%; Phoenix 60%)
In 2012, Athabasca invested $8 million at Dover, an oil sands joint venture (“JV”) operated by Dover Operating Corp. (“Dover OPCO”), a company jointly owned by Athabasca (40%) and Phoenix Energy Holdings Limited (“Phoenix”; 60%), successor by amalgamation to Cretaceous Oilsands Holdings Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PetroChina Company International Limited (“PetroChina”).
On April 23, 2013, a regulatory hearing commenced for the Dover Commercial Project, a 250,000 bbl/d SAGD project comprised of five, 50,000 bbl/d phases. Closing arguments were presented on April 29, 2013.
Dover OPCO anticipates receiving regulatory approvals, in 2013, for the Dover Commercial Project. Receipt of provincial regulatory approvals would allow Athabasca to exercise the Put Option, for proceeds of $1.32 billion dollars to the Company.
- 150,000 acres (gross); 60,000 acres (net);
- 250,000 bbl/d SAGD comprised of five phases of 50,000 bbl/d;
- Anticipate regulatory approvals, in 2013, for Phase 1 (50,000 bbl/d SAGD);
- The Dover Put/Call Option is exercisable upon receipt of provincial regulatory approvals (Athabasca is able to sell its 40% interest for $1.32 billion);
- 3.0 billion bbl (gross lease) of contingent resources (best estimate) or 1.2 billion bbl (company working interest) of contingent resources (best estimate) (at December 31, 2012).
The best opportunities demand the best people. Join a company with a future as promising as yours.