Contract Capital / Joint Venture Accountant
We are currently recruiting for a one-year Contract Capital/Joint Venture Accountant, based in Calgary. The successful candidate will have expertise in joint venture and capital accounting while using their prior knowledge of oil & gas operations. This position will report to the Manager, Light Oil Finance and will work closely with other finance and operations functions.
- Monthly preparation and analysis of capital expenditures for operated and non-operated properties, including explanations for variances from budgets and forecasts;
- System administration (Nexus) including non-op AFE setup and operated AFE reviews;
- Preparation of monthly reporting for senior leaders and joint venture partners;
- Manage all joint venture responsibilities (Audit coordination and joint interest billings);
- Modern Royalty Framework submissions in Petrinex;
- Receivables monitoring and cleanup;
- Account Reconciliations; and
- Special projects as requested.
Experience, Qualifications & Education:
- 5+ years of operations accounting experience;
- Accounting designation preferred;
- Ability to analyze and problem solve;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- A self-starter with a results oriented work style and strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience with light oil and liquids rich properties would be an asset;
- Ability to foster a cooperative, results oriented work environment with a mindset for continuous improvement;
- Ability to manage multiple demands and able to meet deadlines; and
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Athabasca Oil Corporation ("AOC") is an intermediate oil-weighted company with assets located in several of the largest resource plays in Western Canada including the Montney, Duvernay and Oil Sands. With approximately 40,000 boe/d of production, exceptional growth potential and a strong liquidity position AOC offers a dynamic and exciting work environment for the right candidate. AOC is publicly traded on the TSX under the symbol "ATH".
We offer an exciting and entrepreneurial work environment with an array of projects in our portfolio. Athabasca Oil Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.