We are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer to provide leadership within a multi-disciplinary engineering environment for the successful execution of assigned projects. This includes: FEED engineering, execution planning, detailed design, procurement, and field execution / construction. This role will have accountability to ensure that the safety, environmental, scope, cost, and schedule goals are met. The Project Engineer will report to and work with the Manager Facilities Engineering and Construction through the project cycle to ensure the project goals are in-line with the overall company goals.
- Provide the primary interface between all key stakeholder groups including engineering, production, development, supply chain, regulatory, environment, accounting, construction and operations.
- Manage external interfaces with our Engineering Service Providers, equipment vendors and construction contractors
- Develop scopes of work, DBM’s, cost estimates, schedules and execution plans for projects.
- Provide day-to-day management to our Engineering Service Providers to ensure that a high value and quality product is provided.
- Maintain ownership of the project budget, schedule, progress, forecast and reporting aspects of project controls. Ensure this data is communicated to all internal stakeholders.
- Apply quality Project Management practices across all assigned areas.
- Be aware of, and work according to, applicable Guidelines, Directives and Regulations with regards to the Environment, Safety, ERCB, and the Alberta Boilers Safety Association.
- Approve capital expenditures as per corporate Grants of Authority (GOA).
- Review and approve invoices on projects.
- Assist in the coordination and alignment of teams across disciplines to ensure corporate consistency.
- Review and vet technical work prior to management decisions to ensure consistent QA/QC of the data and methodology.
- Responsible for the technical and financial closeout of the project.
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of oil and gas industry experience
- Proven experience in stewarding projects from initial scoping, engineering, construction and turn over to operations
- Demonstrated strong leadership and project management skills
- Outlines the scope, costs and schedule for projects and meets those goals
- Excellent written and oral communication, with strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Detail orientated with ability to communicate and report technical material
- Effective in overcoming challenges and obstacles that arise in projects
- Willing to travel to the field on as a needed basis depending on the project requirements
Athabasca Oil Corporation ("AOC") is an intermediate oil-weighted company with assets located in several of the largest resource plays in Western Canada including the Montney, Duvernay and Oil Sands. With approximately 40,000 boe/d of production, exceptional growth potential and a strong liquidity position AOC offers a dynamic and exciting work environment for the right candidate. AOC is publicly traded on the TSX under the symbol "ATH".
We offer an exciting and entrepreneurial work environment and an array of projects in our portfolio. Must be legally able to work in Canada. AOC is an equal opportunity employer.