Chair of the Board and member of the Reserves Committee
- Currently retired with over 35 years of oil and gas industry experience
- Formerly executive Vice President North American operations of Talisman Energy
- Currently a director of NuVista Energy Ltd.
Member of the Board
- Over 25 years of legal and business experience, with an extensive regulatory and compliance background
- Currently Executive Vice-President, External Affairs and Chief Legal Officer, at WestJet Airline
- Previously General Counsel and Vice-President, Business Development of Athabasca Oil Corporation, various technical and leadership roles at ConocoPhillips and TC Energy
Robert Broen, P.Eng.
President & Chief Executive Officer
Responsibilities: Leading Athabasca's long-term strategic direction
- Joined Athabasca in November 2012 as Senior Vice President Light Oil. Promoted to Chief Operating Officer in 2013 and President and Chief Executive Officer in 2015
- 25 years of exploration and production experience including 18 years with Talisman Energy in various technical and management capacities (President, Talisman Energy USA Inc. and Senior Vice President, North American Shale). At Talisman, managed capital budgets over $1 billion and a 120,000 boe/d North American shale portfolio (Montney, Duvernay, Marcellus and Eagle Ford)
- Bachelor of Science in chemical engineering from the University of Alberta and a graduate of the Ivey Executive Program at the Richard Ivey School of Business
Chair of the Audit Committee and member of the Compensation & Governance Committee
- Managing Director and Partner at 1901 Partners, a private equity firm focused on the energy sector
- From 2007 to 2014, Managing Director of ZBI Ventures, a private equity firm focused on the energy sector
- Previously a Partner at McKinsey & Co. in Houston and Dallas
Chair of the Compensation & Governance Committee and member of the Reserves Committee
- Over 30 years of experience in the oil and gas industry with a strong background in Thermal Oil projects and a track record for creating shareholder value
- Currently President & CEO of Broadview Energy Ltd., a private corporation with heavy oil assets in Alberta and Saskatchewan. Previously President & CEO of BlackPearl Resources Inc. from 2009 – 2018. Prior thereto, President & CEO of BlackRock Ventures Inc. from 2001 – 2006, which sold to Shell Canada for C$2.4 billion in 2006
- Currently a director of Gibson Energy Inc.
Marty Proctor B.SC., M.SC., P.ENG., ICD.D
Member of the Reserves Committee
- Energy executive with more than 35 years’ experience in Canada and other international markets
- Currently a Director of ARC Recourses Inc., a Director with GreenFirst Forest Products and Board Chair of Tenaz Energy Corp.
- Formerly President and Chief Executive Officer of Seven Generations Energy Ltd. and Chief Operating Officer of Baytex Energy
Member of the Board
- Over 20 years in global organizational consulting and investment banking with an extensive energy background
- Currently Managing Director at Russell Reynolds Associates, Director with Tamarack Valley Energy Ltd. and Shock Trauma Air Rescue Service (STARS)
- Previously Senior Client Partner with Korn Ferry and Managing Director & Head of Canadian Energy at Macquarie Group