Chair of the Board and member of the Reserves Committee
- Currently retired with over 35 years of oil and gas industry experience
- Formerly executive Vice President North American operations of Talisman Energy
- Currently a director of NuVista Energy Ltd.
Robert Broen, P.Eng.
President & Chief Executive Officer
Responsibilities: Leading Athabasca's long-term strategic direction
- Joined Athabasca in November 2012 as Senior Vice President Light Oil. Promoted to Chief Operating Officer in 2013 and President and Chief Executive Officer in 2015
- 25 years of exploration and production experience including 18 years with Talisman Energy in various technical and management capacities (President, Talisman Energy USA Inc. and Senior Vice President, North American Shale). At Talisman, managed capital budgets over $1 billion and a 120,000 boe/d North American shale portfolio (Montney, Duvernay, Marcellus and Eagle Ford)
- Bachelor of Science in chemical engineering from the University of Alberta and a graduate of the Ivey Executive Program at the Richard Ivey School of Business
Chair of the Compensation & Governance Committee and member of the Audit Committee
- Managing Director and Partner at 1901 Partners, a private equity firm focused on the energy sector
- From 2007 to 2014, Managing Director of ZBI Ventures, a private equity firm focused on the energy sector
- Previously a Partner at McKinsey & Co. in Houston and Dallas
Anne Downey, P.Eng.
Chair of the Reserves Committee
- 40 years of upstream oil and gas experience at Gulf Canada, Petro-Canada and Statoil Canada
- Formerly VP Operations Statoil Canada responsible for oil sands asset development, operations and technology strategy
- Selected to be an Industry member of the Alberta Government’s Oil Sands Advisory Group
Member of the Compensation & Governance Committee and member of the Audit Committee
- Currently a Strategic Advisor and former CFO of Northwest Refining, a private Alberta based Company that is a 50% partner with Canadian Natural Resources in the Sturgeon Refinery
- Formerly Managing Director of Macquarie Capital Markets Canada and a senior partner at Tristone Capital
- Currently a director of CSV Midstream Solutions and Hightowers Petroleum Co.
Chair of the Audit Committee and member of the Compensation & Governance Committee
- From 2008-2013, Managing Director and Global Head of the Natural Resources Group for Barclays
- Spent 11 years at Lehman Brothers. Prior thereto, an M&A lawyer with Baker Botts
- Currently a director of Shell Midstream Partners and Sendero Midstream Partners
Member of the Reserves Committee
- Over 30 years of experience in the oil and gas industry with a strong background in Thermal Oil projects and a track record for creating shareholder value
- Currently President & CEO of Broadview Energy Ltd., a private corporation with heavy oil assets in Alberta and Saskatchewan. Previously President & CEO of BlackPearl Resources Inc. from 2009 – 2018. Prior thereto, President & CEO of BlackRock Ventures Inc. from 2001 – 2006, which sold to Shell Canada for C$2.4 billion in 2006
- Currently a director of Gibson Energy Inc.